3 Summer 2020 Safety Tips to Follow in Your HOA
Welcome to SUMMER — the season to shed formal office attire for casual shorts, 吊带衫, 泳衣, 人字拖, and perhaps even bare feet. With casual attire, there comes a more relaxed attitude, which can sometimes lead to preventable incidents. In understanding that being part of a 首页owner’s Association (HOA) brings a certain amount of neighbor-to-neighbor responsibility, keep reading for some useful safety tips.
Three simple summer safety tips to ensure safe summer fun
Obey Traffic Signs
Summertime does bring an increase of vehicle and pedestrian traffic from outside visitors, with more and more homeowners outside using the community amenities. Please make summer safety a priority by obeying the posted speed limits, pedestrian crossings, stop and yield signs.
Be Aware of Hot Summer Sun
Sunshine can be beneficial to the body, deriving Vitamin D from the sun’s UV rays. Vitamin D is essential for cell growth, a healthy immune system, as well as a properly functioning nervous system. However, use prudence when outside during the peak of heat, 10 a.m. 2 p.m. To best enjoy the community pool, use SPF 15 or 30 broad-spectrum sunblock to avoid the overexposure of UV rays. Retreating under a beach umbrella, 树冠, or shade tree is an excellent way to safely enjoy the sun’s warmth, get that healthy tan, and avoid a painful sunburn!
A widespread summer safety tip that bears repeating — 从来没有 leave a child, older adult, or pet in a parked car, with windows closed or open. Scientific studies have determined that when outside temperatures are a minimum of 85 degrees, temperatures inside a car can quickly rise to 134-to-154 degrees Fahrenheit, leading to heatstroke that can be fatal.
When taking hypertension medication, 抗生素, anti-inflammatory meds, or some herbal medication, be aware that the skin can be extra-sensitive to sunburn.
The last summer safety tip is about the most popular means of summer fun, and a significant source of summer accidents, 游泳!
Whether in the community pool or your kiddie pool in the back yard, the following tips are useful to keep uppermost in mind to ensure a safe and fun summer:
- An adult family member should always accompany children in the pool and impress upon them pool etiquette, 池的规则, and respect for the lifeguard.
- All pre-school and elementary school children should wear a securely fitted Red Cross, or Coast Guard approved flotation device.
- Children should not play on the pool steps used by adults entering or exiting the pool.
- To avoid glass breakage that brings cuts to bare feet, refrain from bringing beverages in glass containers. Do not place chairs, picnic coolers, or small pool toys on the path of those walking to or from the pool.
- Do not ignore those dark clouds and light falling raindrops overhead. Lightning is also indicative of the summer season. Leave the pool area as soon as the weather changes.
While summer is a favorite season for many, being cognizant of the safety of your neighbors as well as the potential risks associated with days spent outdoors is recommended. AR Management can help your HOA with everything from administration, 金融, and property management. betvlctor58伟德 今天!